The origins of the EFTHYMIADIS Group of Companies date back to the year 1935. Originally founded as K. & A. EFTHYMIADIS Partnership, it specialized in the sale of imported agricultural supplies, tools, seeds and ornamental plants. Over the past seventy years, the Group has played a leading role in the agricultural sector, staying close to all developments affecting the Greek farmer.
During the decade 1991-2000 a number of new companies were established, and an important investment program was launched to develop the Group’s infrastructure and organization. This investment program proved to be fully compatible to the agricultural sectors’ newest developments on integrated management of agricultural production, thus allowing the Group to respond with confidence to the important challenges of globalization and the continuously growing competition.
In October 2000 a new collaboration of major strategic importance with the Japanese multinational MITSUI & CO. EUROPE PLC was established.
This was followed by a distinct separation of the activities for each of the Group’s companies, with a new legal created in 2004, “REDESTOS” - Efthymiadis Agrotechnology Group, operating as the holding company.